After you have updated the firmware on your Netgear Orbi by accessing Netgear Orbi login page, the ring LEDs on the router or the satellite flash in white. The same is the case when you have made any changes in the configurations of the Netgear Orbi. The flashing white light should disappear soon. But if the white light is flashing for a longer period and does not turn solid, then something wrong happened with your Orbi which needs your attention. What else are lights meant for? To understand the current situation of the device. As soon as the lights begin behaving unusually, they grab your attention. Great! Isn’t it? So now what does it mean by the flashing white light on the Orbi and how to make it turn solid? Let’s tell you in this article. Keep reading further.
Netgear Orbi Flashing White [Reasons, Solutions]
While you were updating the firmware on the Orbi, if the process got interrupted by any means, the firmware may get corrupted. In other instances, if you have updated an incorrect firmware file on your Orbi, this also can brick your device and thus the Orbi is flashing white. The same can happen if you have changed any settings on the Orbi. To get this issue fixed, try the hacks highlighted ahead:
- Reboot Orbi
The firmware update might also get corrupted due to minor software or hardware technical glitches. To get them fixed, you can reboot your Orbi. Switch off your Orbi router and satellites immediately. Unplug them from the power sockets. After some time. Plug them back in and switch them on. After you are done with this step, see if the flashing white light has turned to solid white light or not.
- Update Firmware Manually
Now that the issue has not been fixed using the previous method, this means that the firmware got corrupted. You can fix this by first resetting your Orbi to the factory settings and then set it up again and again update the firmware manually. But before you begin updating the firmware, there are certain points that you need to be careful about this time. This is to avoid falling into the same pit of issues again.
- Make sure that the internet connection to the Orbi as well as the device used to update the firmware is stable and high-speed. To have this ensured, you can use an Ethernet cable to connect the Orbi router to the modem. But use a good cable and insert it properly into both devices.
- The power supply should be adequate. Make sure that the power socket that is used to supply power to the router is not damaged and that the power cable is not plugged loosely into it. Also, if your area suffers a lot of power outages, then using a UPS is recommended.
- When you try to update the firmware manually, you first download the firmware file on your PC and then install it. You need to be very certain that you download the correct file. The firmware file varies from model to model. So download the one that is meant for the Orbi model that you acquire.
- While the firmware update is going on, make sure that you do not interrupt the process. That means do not open any other tab on the browser or do not power off your Orbi and patiently wait till you receive a message that says the firmware update is successfully done.
How to Manually Update Firmware on Orbi?
After you have thoroughly read the above points, you can update the firmware on your Orbi. To do so first access the orbilogin.com page to log in and see if any firmware update is ready to be done. If there is then download it on your PC first and save it at any safe location. After that, do this:
Note: Makesure you follow the same sequence given below.
Update Orbi Satellite
- Power up Orbi.
- Visit orbilogin.com on a browser.
- Click on Advanced>Administration>Firmware Update.
- Now click on the Manual Update tab and then select the checkbox next to the Orbi satellite.
- Clicking on the Update button and then on the Browse button will help you navigate to the firmware file saved on the PC.
- Click on the file and choose it. Choose the correct file meant for the satellite.
- Finally, Click on the Upload button to start the firmware update process. Once done, update the router.
Update Orbi Router
- Return to the basic home page.
- Again follow the similar steps as provided in the previous section.
This is how you can fix Orbi flashing white light issue and update the firmware on your Orbi. By updating firmware, you can avoid many issues like Orbi satellite not connecting, slow internet, signal dropping issues, etc.