No matter which part of the world you are in today, every cafe, restaurant, and coffee shop now serves Té Verde Matcha (matcha tea) or a dish with Matcha as its hero ingredient.
Matcha, without a doubt, is a delicious, healthy, and energizing Japanese tea that deserves all the attention in the world. It is healthier than most other beverages and tastes even better than it looks.
Moreover, the vivid green color displayed by Matcha is said to evoke emotions of rebirth, happiness, abundance, freshness, and security.
It is therefore no wonder when we drink this magical drink, we are immediately uplifted. It is also one of the reasons people love to consume it.
However, there are other reasons you should switch to Matcha Tea, which are stated below:
1. It is a versatile ingredient
Matcha is a unique and highly versatile ingredient that can be consumed as a hot or cold drink and can even complement savory foods such as barbecue rubs, curries, salad dressing, and more. And because it already comes in a powdered form, there is no need for you to go through the hassle of grinding it when cooking or preparing your beverage.
2. It is high in antioxidants
Matcha tea also contains a powerful compound called Epigallocatechin gallate (or EGCG). EGCG is an antioxidant that contains strong anti-carcinogenic, anti-microbial, and anti-inflammatory properties. This means it keeps your heart healthy, fights microbes, and reduces inflammation.
It is also believed to aid weight loss. So if you’re thinking of maintaining or reaching your ideal weight, you can achieve that with this magical potion.
3. Comes with several health benefits
Matcha is known to have a plethora of health benefits. It is considered a healthier version of Green tea for the following reasons;
● It contains 10 times more antioxidants than green tea (per serving). This means matcha tea helps protect your cells from free radicals and reduces the chances of you developing heart disease or cancer.
● It contains 5 times more L-theanine. This is important as it helps improve both focus and creativity
● It contains 15 times more vitamins than green tea. 1 gram of matcha powder contains vitamin A, B1, B2, B6, Vitamin C, E and K.
● It gives you better and clearer skin as it stimulates elastin production which makes your skin supple. It also encourages microcirculation in the skin which keeps your skin clearer in appearance
4. Contains Caffeine to keep you alert and energized
Unlike regular tea, the caffeine content in Matcha tea is high. This is because the leaf is dissolved in water instead of infused. Therefore, naturally, one consumes the caffeine and energy the tea leaf has to offer.
Although the caffeine content is high, it is lower than that in coffee. So if you need to get through the day but want to limit your caffeine intake, you should switch to Matcha tea.
The caffeine present is in combination with the L-theanine antioxidant. This helps keep us alert, energized, and motivated and does not overstimulate the brain or the nervous system so you won’t have to worry about the post-caffeine crash you experience after consuming energy drinks or coffee.
In conclusion, matcha tea is better than regular tea and coffee because it contains a good amount of antioxidants, repairs your cells, improves your health, and doesn’t affect your body with the post-caffeine crash.
All ingredients are organically grown, free from pesticides, and hand-picked to deliver the experience of Japan to your household.
If you would like to experiment with our matcha recipes, feel free to check out our blog for more information.