Ready to go skiing? It’s a most thrilling activity, but there is a lurking danger too. Snow tends to be slippery, so there’s always a chance you will fall. Perhaps that’s why people wear a protective skiing suit to safeguard themselves.
Ski rentals in Livigno can offer all the gear you need, but first of all, you ought to know what’s needed. Ski rentals mostly have the gear you need to do skiing, but you need some extra safety gear too. The question is – What is the equipment needed to stay protected? In this article, we will talk about skiing protection and why it is needed.
Let’s consider what you need and why you need it!
Skiing is Fun and Safe with the Right Safety Gear
Skiing is one of the finest sports that one can enjoy. Most families go for skiing holidays because it allows them to bond with each other. Skiing is fun, and it burns lots of calories. The sport can also improve flexibility in the body and strengthen body muscles.
Since there are many benefits of this sport, one should enjoy it thoroughly, but with the right safety gear. Be smart when you go for a skiing holiday, and carry protective gear to stay away from injuries. When you go on a skiing holiday, you will find trees and rocks along the way. With quality gear, you can avoid any major accidents.
We’ve heard about many skiing accidents, but in most cases, it has been due to the lack of caution. Skiing experts wear protective gear, and they get back home safe and happy. Many families go for a skiing holiday, and they, too, return with happy memories. All you need is quality gear!
Protective Gear You Need For Your Skiing Holiday
Let’s highlight some of the skiing protective gear you may need for your skiing holiday.
- Helmet: For starters, you need a helmet to protect your head. There is ice everywhere, you may fall, and the ice may go into your ears. When there is hard ice, it could also give your head a major blow. What if a tree comes in between? It would also require you to wear a helmet to avoid major accidents. You need a special outdoor helmet and not a bicycle helmet. It will help in keeping your head safe at all times. Whether it’s your kids or you, ensure a good-quality helmet is in place.
- Ski Back Protection: When you’re skiing, the most sensitive and vulnerable part that could get injured is your back. You need ski back protection to stay safe and keep your back nicely aligned when you are skiing.
- Knee Pads: Want to stay fully protected? Get knee pads for that extra layer of protection. When you are learning how to ski, you will fall many times. If the ice is thick and hard, you may get injuries if your knees directly touch the ground. You must wear knee pads to stay protected. Moreover, knee pads also give you some form of balance when you are standing on snow. Make sure you get thick knee pads, but movement should not be restricted.
- Wrist Guards: Skiing would require you to hold sticks. You need a good grip here, so consider investing in wrist guards. Ask the skiing rental if they have wristguards, so you don’t have to buy an extra one just for a holiday.
- Protect your eyes: It’s best to wear goggles when skiing. You want to see everything clearly, but protect your eyes if you fall or hit some branches or trees.
You’re probably wondering why we keep saying that you may fall. If you want to know, the initial skiing lessons are tough. You must walk on flat snow first and then move to the slopes.
You can’t be straight going to the slopes and skiing like a pro. If learning skiing is on your mind, you will start with baby steps. Falling is a part of the process, so cover up, wear the right gear, and be prepared for surprises.
If you are safe, you will get back home safely. You ought to carry protective gear for a pleasant experience on the slopes. So, don’t miss this out!