Email marketing can be a great way to connect with customers and promote your business, but it can also be overwhelming.
Whether you’re just getting started or you’ve been doing it for a while, here are 10 do’s and don’ts to keep in mind when creating an email marketing campaign.
1. Keep your audience in mind – Who are you trying to reach with your email? Make sure the content and tone of your email is appropriate for them.
2. Keep it short and sweet – People are more likely to read and engage with an email that is concise and to the point.
3. Get personal – Use personalization tags to add the recipient’s name or other relevant information to your email.
4. Make it visually appealing – Use images, infographics, and videos to break up the text and make your email more engaging.
5. Include a call to action – What do you want the recipient to do after reading your email? Make sure your call to action is clear and easy to follow.
6. Test, test, test! – Before you send out your email, make sure to test it on different browsers and devices to ensure it looks and functions as intended.
7. Segment your list – Not all of your subscribers are interested in the same thing. Segmenting your list allows you to send more targeted and relevant emails.
8. Timing is everything – Think about when your recipients are most likely to be checking their email and send your email accordingly.
9. Use alt text for images – If someone is viewing your email on a device that doesn’t display images, they will still be able to see the alt text.
10. Keep an eye on your metrics – After you send out your email, track your open and click-through rates to see how it performed.
1. Don’t buy lists – Purchased lists are often full of outdated or inaccurate information.
2. Don’t send too many emails – You don’t want to bombard your subscribers with emails they don’t want or won’t engage with.
3. Don’t use spammy words – Avoid words and phrases that will trigger spam filters, such as “free” or “win.”
4. Don’t forget the basics – Make sure your email has a subject line, sender name, and reply-to address.
5. Don’t be deceptive – Don’t try to trick people into opening your email or clicking on a link.
6. Don’t neglect mobile users – More and more people are reading emails on their smartphones, so make sure your email is optimized for mobile devices.
7. Don’t forget about accessibility – Some users may need assistance reading or interact with your email, so keep accessibility in mind when creating your campaign.
8. Don’t forget to proofread – Typos and grammar mistakes can make your email look unprofessional, so take the time to proofread your message before you hit send.
9. Don’t use too much color – Too much color can be overwhelming and difficult to read, so stick to a more subdued palette.
10. Don’t forget the call to action – Every email should have a call to action, otherwise, the recipient may not know what you want them to do next.
Email marketing can be a great way to connect with customers and promote your business, but it can also be overwhelming. Whether you’re just getting started or you’ve been doing it for a while, here are 15 do’s and don’ts to keep in mind when creating an email marketing campaign.
Email marketing can be a great way to connect with customers and promote your business. However, it is important to keep a few things in mind when creating an email marketing campaign, such as keeping your audience in mind, making it visually appealing, and including a call to action. Additionally, be sure to test your email before sending it out, segment your list, and pay attention to the timing of your email. Finally, avoid common mistakes, such as buying lists or using too much color. By following these tips, you can create an email marketing campaign that is successful and engaging.